Real Madrid: Leandro Paredes camp confirms interest - Clarín
The LaLiga club are reportedly willing to pay 35m euros for the Argentina international, and use Croat Mateo Kovacic as a makeweight.
Zenit St. Petersburg's Leandro Paredes is among Real Madrid's transfer targets for next season, according to a report in the midfielder's native Argentina.
Paredes camp has confirmed Real interest, says Clarín
Clarín claims that Paredes' camp has confirmed Real's interest in the 23-year-old, who mainly operates in central midfield but is at times also used in a more attacking role by Zenit head coach Roberto Mancini.
The LaLiga giants are reportedly ready to pay 35 million euros plus Mateo Kovacic for the player, who was handed his Argentina debut in June.
Kovacic not keen to go to Russia as makeweight
However, Clarín says Kovacic's inclusion in the deal may not be straightforward, as the Croatia international is not keen to play in Russia and has more tempting offers elsewhere.
Paredes, who began his career at Boca Juniors and has also had spells at Chievo Verona, Roma and Empoli, has been a mainstay at Zenit since joining in July, making 27 appearances and scoring five goals for the Russians.
Follow the latest news from transfer deadline day with AS English.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Where was Gabby Petito's body found in Grand Teton National Park?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Vinicius and Benzema to the rescue
- NFL 49ers vs Eagles: San Francisco win 17-11 in gruelling game
- NFL Quarterback injuries overshadow Week 2 NFL action
- REAL MADRID Ancelotti: “I am living my honeymoon in Madrid"
- PREMIER LEAGUE African trio at Anfield make Premier League history for Liverpool