Real Sociedad will exchange Iñigo Martínez shirts for new ones
"He's history", said Real Sociedad about their initiative to recycle Iñigo Martínez's shirt. The player moved to rivals Athletic Club.
Real Sociedad were seriously not happy when their defender Iñigo Martínez decided to move to Basque rivals Athletic Club, to fill the hole left by Aymeric Laporte, with his move to Manchester City.
Real Sociedad want to wipe Martínez from their history
La Real clearly saw the move as a betrayal, and have decided they'd be happy to wipe the player's name from their history. The club have offered to exchange any shirt bearing the player's name with a shirt from this season, with the name of their choice.
Iñigo Martínez moved to Athletic, with the the Bilbao club paying his buy-out clause of 32 million euros. He also rubbed salt in the wound, saying "I'm going to a big club, here it's not enough to finish mid-table".
Recommended in English
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"
- NFL PFWA selects three Chiefs for All-Rookie Team Honors
- Soccer Real Madrid's Rodrygo wants World Cup glory with Brazil
- AFCON Mané taken to hospital after head injury blow at AFCON
- NFL Lakers 106 vs. 96 Nets summary: stats, scores, and highlights | NBA
- MLB Big Papi only player elected to Hall of Fame