Formula 1 2018: preseason guide and car launch presentation dates
With the excitement of the new year's car presentations and preseason test runs almost upon us, don't miss a minute with our guide to what's happening.
Flights, trains, driving options and hotel availability... thousands of Formula 1 fans will be checking out the various websites in order to get to Barcelona for the first phase of the new season. For those unable to make it to Catalonia for testing, we bring you a quick guide to the key dates for your diary.
As well as the test circuits to get cars up and running ahead of the opening Grand Prix in Australia, much interest and excitement will be generated by the car manufacturers' latest models. Those presentations take place between 15 and 25 February. The big favourites to be challanging for this year's title will be Mercedes and Ferrari, Spanish fans will be keen to see the new cars of Carlos Sainz and Fernando Alonso.
Preseason testing in Barcelona
26 February - 1 March First round
6 - 9 March Second round
style="font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 0px;">Car launch presentations
15 February Williams
20 February Renault and Alfa Romeo Sauber
22 February Mercedes and Ferrari
23 February McLaren Renault
25 February Force India
F1 2018 opening Grand Prix
25 March Australian GP | Albert Park, Melbourne
Tickets to watch testing start at 18 euros per day, a price that has been frozen for two years at the Circuit de Barcelona Catalunya. Entry is free to members and those who can present their ticket for the Spanish GP, while there is a VIP package at 250 euros which includes access to the Pit Box zone, and a selection of other exclusive benefits.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery