Mbappe calls for Di Maria to start when PSG face Madrid
Kylian Mbappe believes Pars Saint-Germain would be better off playing Angel Di Maria from the start when they travel to Real Madrid.
Angel Di Maria is a player capable of "beautiful things" and should start Paris Saint-Germain's mouth-watering Champions League showdown against Real Madrid, says forward Kylian Mbappe.
The arrival of Mbappe and Neymar at PSG for this season has contributed to Argentina international Di Maria not being guaranteed a starting berth.
Muy feliz por la victoria Felicitaciones al equipo Hat trick. Allez Paris! pic.twitter.com/kEYkUuBzW0— Ángel di María (@AngeI_DiMaria) February 7, 2018
But the 29-year-old was the star turn as Unai Emery's men cruised into the quarter-finals of the Coupe de France on Tuesday, netting a hat-trick as they beat Ligue 2 Sochaux 4-1 to take his goals tally since the turn of the year to seven.
A more taxing assignment lies in wait at the Santiago Bernabeu next Wednesday and Mbappe feels PSG would be better off with Di Maria in the first XI to face his former club.
"We all know very well how important Di Maria is to us," the France star told reporters.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash