UEFA designate Turpin to oversee Sevilla-Manchester United
The French match official has overseen two UCL games involving Sevilla, the away game against Basaksehir and at home against Leicester last year.
French referee Clement Turpin has been nominated by UEFA to oversee Wednesday's Sevilla-Manchester United Champions League tie at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan.
The 35 year-old-Turpin has been an international whistler since 2010 and has already officiated one game involving the Andalusian side this season when Sevilla overcame Istanbul Basaksehir (1-2) in the qualifying stage to secure aplace in the Champions League group stage.
The Frenchman was also involved in the February 22 (2017) game involving Sevilla against Leicester City in the corresponding phase of last season's competition. A 2-1 win at home was not enough for the LaLiga side to progress after the Premier League side secured a 2-0 win on home soil to advance.
Scottish official William Collum has been designated as referee for Wednesday's Shakhtar Donetsk-Roma.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Emma Raducanu "hungry" to improve after US Open win
- US NEWS What did Simone Biles say in her testimony to the FBI regarding Larry Nassar allegations?
- Jacksonville Jaguars "No chance" - Jaguars coach Urban Meyer rules out return to college football with USC
- SOCCER FIFA survey shows majority of fans back more frequent World Cups
- NBA Lisa Byington makes history as Milwaukee Bucks announcer
- MLB MLB round-up: Bichette matches career high and Ray fans 13 for Jays, Giants streak snapped