Lukaku finally makes big-game breakthrough for Manchester United
Romelu Lukaku's goal against Chelsea on Sunday was his first for Manchester United against a side in the top eight of the Premier League.
Romelu Lukaku finally made a splash against top-tier opposition for Manchester United, as Jose Mourinho's side secured a 2-1 victory over top-four rivals Chelsea.
Lukaku scores for first time agains top-eight
Belgium striker Lukaku came into the fixture against the Blues with 21 goals to his name in all competitions, but none of them coming against the top eight teams in the Premier League.
Such a barren run has led to criticism of the former Everton man, but Jose Mourinho has kept faith and that was rewarded on Sunday.
1 - Romelu Lukaku has scored 13 goals in the Premier League this season, however this was his first against a team currently in the top eight. Overdue. pic.twitter.com/bi4Qn1IwhY— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) February 25, 2018
Lingard wins it at Old Trafford
Lukaku latched onto a neat flick from Anthony Martial to cancel out Willian's powerful opener and send the sides in for half-time level at 1-1.
United went on to claim three points in the second half, with substitute Jesse Lingard scoring the winning goal with a header after 75 minutes.
Recommended in English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Can a fourth stimulus check payment happen in December 2021?
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What did Justice Brett Kavanaugh say in the Supreme Court abortion law hearing?
- NFL Colts vs Cardinals on 2021 Christmas Day tickets: price and where to buy
- NFL Who are the 10 best Dallas Cowboy players of all time?
- SOCCER Everton 1-4 Liverpool: Premier League 2021/22
- MLS Carlos Vela to return to LAFC for the 2022 MLS campaign