PSG | Neymar injury
Areola admits concerns over Neymar ahead of PSG-Madrid clash
Neymar rolled his ankle during Paris Saint-Germain's 3-0 win over Marseille in Ligue 1 and Alphonse Areola voiced his concerns.
Paris Saint-Germain goalkeeper Alphonse Areola said he is worried about Neymar after the Brazilian star was carried off the pitch on a stretcher in Le Classique.
Bittersweet Classique win
Ligue 1 leaders PSG cruised to a 3-0 victory at home to rivals Marseille but the win was overshadowed by an ankle injury to Neymar on Sunday.
Neymar rolled his right ankle and looked to be in tears as he was aided off the ground at Parc des Princes in a blow before Real Madrid's visit to the French capital for the second leg of their last-16 Champions League encounter on March 6.
"Of course, I'm worried about Neymar," Areola said. "His ankle was pretty swollen.
"He is an important player for us and I hope he will come back soon.
"I do not know much more, there were a lot of people around him."
PSG – 14 points clear atop the table – renew hostilities with Marseille in the Coupe de France quarter-finals on Wednesday then travel to Troyes in Ligue 1 on Saturday before their Madrid showdown.
Madrid lead PSG 3-1 following the opening leg at the Santiago Bernabeu.
Recommended in English
- CRYPTOCURRENCY What are the cryptocurrencies that have increased the most in value this year?
- NBA Lakers' Anthony Davis: "The whole world wants to see us lose"
- NBA 76ers star Embiid suggests Philadelphia NBA MVP bias
- NBA Heat's Kyle Lowry handed ovation on emotional Toronto return
- NBA Warriors head coach Steve Kerr speaks against gun violence after Sacramento Shooting
- NBA Nets coach Steve Nash rules Simmons out of NBA Play-In