Sampaoli recalls Higuaín for Spain friendly, no Dybala or Icardi
Jorge Sampaoli has recalled Juventus striker Gonzalo Higuaín to the Albiceleste squad for friendlies against Italy and Spain in March.
Jorge Sampaoli has named the Argentina squad for friendlies against Italy on March 23rd and Spain on March 27th.
Higuaín in following Juve performances
Gonzalo Higuaín has returned to the squad after being overlooked for the last two international breaks, including the final round of World Cup qualifiers.
His performances for Juventus in Serie A have re-opened the door to the Albiceleste.
Lautaro Martínez expected to feature
Paulo Dybala, Papu Gómez, and Mauro Icardi have, as expected, not been called up. But the trio are on a a stand-by list in the event of injury along with Emanuel Mammana and Ángel Correa.
This list does not include players who play their club football in Argentina. Sampaoli is expected to add Lautaro Martínez and Cristian Pavón, of Racing Club and Boca Juniors respectively.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2