Óscar Husillos disqualified after winning 400m world gold
The Spaniard smashed the national record in a time of 44.92 to cross the line first but fell victim to the regulations as he was adjudged to have left his laneRyder Cup 2018 final day: Europe vs USA, Sunday singles
Óscar Husillos broke the Spanish national 400m record at the IAAF World Indoor Championships in Birmingham but was then left broken-hearted when he was later disqualified for a lane infringement, a section of the rule book that has been rigorously enforced at the competition after an entire heat of the same event were disqualified on Friday.
Maslak awarded gold after Husillos, Santos disqualified
Husillos also beat the championship record when he crossed the line in a time of 44.92 ahead of Luguelín Santos, the Dominican also being disualified for the same application of the rules. Pavel Maslak was awarded the gold after finishing third.
It was a cruel blow for Husillos, who has been in the form of his life this winter, breaking the Spanish 200m, 300m and 400m records. The Spanish Athletics Federation has announced it intends to appeal against Husillos' disqualification.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- Stimulus Checks Second $600 Golden State stimulus check: when will I receive it and how to track
- US NEWS California stimulus check: when will the payments arrive and who qualifies?
- PSG Lionel Messi's PSG contract details revealed
- Soccer Pele in hospital: daughter says he's recovering well
- MLB MLB results: Los Angeles Dodgers beaten by Cincinnati Reds