According to a report in the Daily Mail, Manny Pacquiao has confirmed that his comeback to the ring will be in Kuala Lumpur on June 24 against the Argentine welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse.
Earlier this week, Pac Man announced that his return would be in Malaysia in June or May against either Mathysse or former welterweight champion Danny Garcia.
Now, reportedly, it has been confirmed the he will challenge the 35-year-old Argentine on June 24.
The fight is set to be officially announced on March 22 in Malaysia, with a press tour across major Asian cities to follow.
Pacquiao: “I want to entertain the boxing fans”
Speaking about his return, the 39-year-old Pac Man said that he is enthusiast about fighting Matthysse, and that his greater wish is to entertain the boxing fans.
“I like his aggressive fighting style. That's what I want, to entertain the boxing fans. Besides, Matthysse is not a dirty fighter and I highly respect him for that,” said Pacquiao.
Mathysse, who is the reigning WBA welterweight world champion, holds a record of 39-4, with 36 knockouts.
On the other hand, last year Pacquiao lost his WBO title to Australian Jeff-Horn Terence, leaving his record standing at 59-7. The Filipino has not scored a knockout win in the past eight years.
"I knew, this is going to be a tough fight. Matthysse is also a knockout artist. But I'm excited to fight and be a world champion again. So, expect me to train hard for this fight,' Pac Man added.