Griezmann set on Barça despite Atleti bid to keep him: Le 10 Sport
Antoine Griezmann has had an agreement in place with Barcelona for months and won't be persuaded to stay at Atlético, says the outlet.
Antoine Griezmann has committed to a summer move to Barcelona, says a report in the French media outlet Le 10 Sport, which declares that the forward is to rebuff attempts by his current club, Atlético Madrid, to persuade him to sign a new deal.
Griezmann "has had Barcelona agreement since autumn"
Los Rojiblancos are believed to have been seeking contract talks with Griezmann for several weeks, in a bid to tie the in-form Frenchman down to extended, improved terms - and up his release clause, which is currently set at 100 million euros.
However, Le 10 Sport says the 26-year-old has rejected all of Atleti's advances, with an initial agreement allegedly in place with Barça since last autumn.
That deal has since been "firmed up", adds the publication, leaving the player very unlikely to change his plans between now and the end of the season.
Barcelona believed to have left '7' shirt free for Griezmann
Griezmann, who has scored 13 goals in his last 13 games in a superb second half of the campaign, has also attracted interest from Manchester United and Paris Saint-Germain, but they look to have lost out to Barça in the race for his services.
Indeed, the Blaugrana are rumoured to have reserved their vacant number '7' shirt (which has been free since Arda Turan's January departure to Istanbul Basaksehir) for the former Real Sociedad man.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands