Sergio Busquets out for three weeks with fractured toe
The Barça defender picked up the injury during his side's victory over Chelsea and will miss the Athletic game and Spain's international friendlies.
Sergio Busquets was substituted during Barcelona’s 3-0 victory over Chelsea in the Champions League after receiving a stamp on his foot and tests on Thursday have confirmed that the defensive midfielder has a fractured metatarsal that is expected to keep him on the sidelines for at least three weeks.
Barça confident Busquets will be back for Champions League
That means Busquets will be absent for the match against Athletic Bilbao in Camp Nou on Sunday and also unavailable for international duty with Spain during the Fifa break, with Julen Lopetegui's La Roja warming up for Russia with games against Germany and Argentina. It is also unclear whether he will have recovered in time to feature against Sevilla in the Sánchez Pizjuán on March 31.
However, Barça are confident that the 29-year-old will be fit in time to play in the Champions League quarter-finals, the first leg of which is scheduled for April 4.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash