Neymar told Al Khelaifi in Brazil he wants Luis Enrique at PSG
According to 'Paris United', Neymar told the PSG president that he would prefer the former Barcelona coach to Antonio Conte, the other candidate for the job.
It is looking increasingly likely that Unai Emery will not continue at Paris Saint-Germain next season. The French club's big objective this season was to win the Champions League but they only got as far as the first knockout stage after being dumped out by Real Madrid. Since then, several names have been mentioned as possible replacements for Emery in the PSG job - Luis Enrique, Simeone, Ancelotti to name but three.
Neymar, not a lover of Conte's style of football
The subject of the coaching position was brought up when Nasser Al-Khelaïfi flew out to Brazil to hold talks with Neymar after his operation, with the club's Director of Sport Antero Henrique. During those conversations, two names were mentioned, according to Paris United. Neymar made it clear that he is not a fan of the style of football played by Antonio Conte's teams - the No.10 and his Brazilian team mates have been petitioning the club to consider bringing in Luis Enrique to take the reins for the new campaign.
Thiago Silva keen to see Ancelotti return
However, team captain and Neymar's close friend, Thiago Silva would rather see Carlo Ancelotti return to the post. No one knows who PSG will end up hiring for their next shot at winning the Champions League but it is cleasr that Al-Khelaïfi will do everything in his power to please the wishes of star player, Neymar.
Recommended in English
- FORMULA 1 Lewis Hamilton wants to see change in Saudi Arabia
- SOCIAL SECURITY What is an unrestricted Social Security card? How can I apply for it?
- NFL Bucs' Bruce Arians wants the NFL to look at other teams.
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Betis: times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What is the difference between an abortion pill and Plan B?
- SOCCER AC Milan defender Simon Kjaer out for the rest of the season after undergoing knee surgery