Sevilla 'working on' Lenglet's future amid Barcelona links
Clement Lenglet has reportedly attracted interest from Barcelona, but Sevilla say they have no knowledge of that and aim to keep their star.
Sevilla are working to ensure Clement Lenglet does not depart for reported suitors Barcelona, according to president Jose Castro.
Sevilla target Lenglet stay
Lenglet has impressed at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan since signing from Nancy in January 2017, leading to rumours that LaLiga title favourites Barca could be set to make a move for the centre-back.
The 22-year-old has previously insisted he is happy at Sevilla and senior club officials are clear in their intent to keep the Frenchman.
"We are working on [Clement's future] and on some other players," said Castro, as reported by Sport. "These are internal conversations and we hope that they will end well.
"We have no record of any interest in him."
Lenglet has made 27 LaLiga appearances this season, scoring three goals, with Sevilla in sixth place and facing Barca this weekend.
The club reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League with a 2-1 aggregate win over three-time European champions Manchester United as Lenglet starred.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?