'Impatient' Robben considering his options ahead of Bayern talks
Winger Arjen Robben is refusing to rule out leaving Bayern Munich ahead of contract discussions with the Bundesliga club next month.
Arjen Robben will rely on a "gut feeling" to decide his future as he prepares to hold contract talks with Bayern Munich.
The experienced winger's deal with the Bundesliga giants expires at the end of the season, but he is due to sit down for discussions with Bayern chief executive Karl-Heinz Rummenigge in April.
Robben is certainly not ready to end a wonderful career that has included successful spells with Chelsea and Real Madrid, as well as winning 96 caps for Netherlands.
"I'm a bit impatient, but unfortunately a decision on the extension of my contract has not yet happened," the 34-year-old told BR Sport.
"With Karl-Heinz Rummenigge I have agreed that we will hold talks in April, then we will see.
"I think that's the hardest part of getting into an age where you know, the end is coming closer, making the right decision is always, always difficult.
"I just have to wait and see what the gut feeling is like, how the body feels – everything you take with you, and then you make that decision in the moment."
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 23 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 volleyball and beach volleyball schedule: dates, times, groups
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING Tokyo Olympics 2021: Team USA's swimming schedule - dates, times, strokes, events
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- OLYMPIC GAMES What are the differences between indoor volleyball and beach volleyball in the Olympics?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOFTBALL AND BASEBALL Which sports were pulled from the 2012 and 2016 Olympics and are returning in Tokyo 2021?