World Cup 2018
Tunisia talisman ruled out of World Cup
Tunisia's hopes of escaping a difficult World Cup group have been dealt a blow with the news that Youssef Msakni will miss the tournament.
Tunisia forward Youssef Msakni has been ruled out of the World Cup after sustaining a serious knee injury.
Star player to miss out on Russia 2018
The 27-year-old was expected to be a key figure for his country in a tough group, which includes England, Belgium and Panama.
He was injured during Al Duhail's 5-2 win over Al Sailiya in the Qatar Stars League (QSL) on Saturday with the club later saying in a statement that he will be out of action for six months.
Qatar League title celebrated
Msakni took to Instagram to celebrate the club's sixth QSL title where he confirmed the injury.
"Thank God for this, but it's just fate to experience the unexpected," he said.
"Congratulations for the trophy. Sadly this injury has denied me a chance to continue with my club and to play in the World Cup."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series