Arbeloa, Guti: Ex-Real Madrid stars enjoy Barça's Roma defeat
Unsurprisingly, Álvaro Arbeloa and Guti opted against keeping their counsel after watching Roma dump Real's arch rivals out of Europe.
Ex-Real Madrid stars Guti and Álvaro Arbeloa both took to social media on Tuesday with their reactions to the Champions League elimination of Los Blancos' arch rivals, Barcelona, at the hands of Roma.
Leading 4-1 from last week's first leg, Barça fell to a surprise 3-0 defeat in the return in Rome to crash out of Europe at the quarter-final stage.
Speechless Arbeloa expresses shock, then deletes tweet
Arbeloa appeared to have been rendered utterly speechless by the result, issuing a Twitter response consisting solely of 11 'shocked face' emojis.
After accruing almost 40,000 interactions, the former right-back then deleted the post early on Wednesday morning.
Espectacular el entrenador de la Roma,eso es planificar bien un partido.BRAVO👏👏👏👏👏— GUTI (@GUTY14HAZ) 10 de abril de 2018
"BRAVO" - Guti heaps praise on Roma coach Di Francesco
Meanwhile, Guti - who is now boss of Real's U19s - lauded fellow coach Eusebio Di Francesco's role in the Giallorossi's memorable win over the LaLiga leaders.
"Fantastic from the Roma gaffer, that's what I call preparing a good game plan. BRAVO," tweeted the 41-year-old, in a message followed by 'applause' emojis.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats