Villarreal's Cerámica to host Spain vs Switzerland in June
The match will be La Roja's final warm-up before Russia, with a game against Tunisia in Krasnodar completing Julen Lopetegui's preparations.
Villarreal’s Estadio de La Cerámica has been chosen to host Spain’s final warm-up game on home soil before the World Cup, with Switzerland the visiting side on June 3.
It will be Spain’s penultimate friendly before the tournament in Russia kicks off, with a match against Tunisia scheduled on June 9 in Krasnodar.
Spain in good form ahead of Russia
La Roja boss Julen Lopetegui will seek to continue his side’s good form heading into the tournament, which featured an unbeaten qualifying campaign during which Spain conceded just three times while scoring 36, and culminated in a 1-1 draw against holders Germany in Dusseldorf and a 6-1 dismantling of 2014 runners-up Argentina in Madrid.
The game against Switzerland will be the third time Spain have played in Villarreal’s stadium after 9-0 victory over San Marino in 1999 and a 3-0 defeat of Chile in 2008.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers