Villarreal's Cerámica to host Spain vs Switzerland in June
The match will be La Roja's final warm-up before Russia, with a game against Tunisia in Krasnodar completing Julen Lopetegui's preparations.
Villarreal’s Estadio de La Cerámica has been chosen to host Spain’s final warm-up game on home soil before the World Cup, with Switzerland the visiting side on June 3.
It will be Spain’s penultimate friendly before the tournament in Russia kicks off, with a match against Tunisia scheduled on June 9 in Krasnodar.
Spain in good form ahead of Russia
La Roja boss Julen Lopetegui will seek to continue his side’s good form heading into the tournament, which featured an unbeaten qualifying campaign during which Spain conceded just three times while scoring 36, and culminated in a 1-1 draw against holders Germany in Dusseldorf and a 6-1 dismantling of 2014 runners-up Argentina in Madrid.
The game against Switzerland will be the third time Spain have played in Villarreal’s stadium after 9-0 victory over San Marino in 1999 and a 3-0 defeat of Chile in 2008.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA