David Villa bags 399th career goal against Atlanta United
El Guaje returned from injury for New York City and moved to within a single strike of reaching the 400-goal career mark with a penalty.
New York City have got off to a flying start in this season’s MLS, chalking up five victories and a draw in their opening six games. And they have managed to do without their talismanic striker David Villa, who has been out of action with a calf problem picked up in week two of the competition.
Villa missed games against Orlando, New England Revolution and San Jose Earthquakes before making a brief substitute appearance against Real Salt Lake.
But it was against Atlanta United that Villa displayed his value to his side, coming on for 55 minutes, scoring from the spot three minutes later and assisting Alexander Ring’s 73rd-minute strike as New York City came from 2-0 down to secure a point.
Villa’s goal also took him to 399 professional club strikes during his career.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement