Valencia receive "huge" offer for Rodrigo and eye up Iago Aspas
Cope Valencia said the "irresistible" bid would be used to pay the Celta striker's clause while Onda Cero state Atlético are behind the move for the Spain striker.
Valencia have reportedly received an “irresistible” offer for Spain striker Rodrigo Moreno, whose excellent season at Mestalla and call-up to the national team have not gone unnoticed among Europe’s biggest spenders.
Valencia-based radio station Cope Valencia have stated that the offer originated from Atlético Madrid, who are facing the prospect of losing Antoine Griezmann this summer. Rodrigo’s minimum release clause at Mestalla stands at 120 million euros but Onda Cero Valencia believe that if a bid of half that amount or more comes in, the Mestalla board will be willing to listen.
Valencia considering move for Celta's Aspas
The latter broadcaster also reported that Valencia are plotting a move for Celta striker Iago Aspas this summer as they prepare for a Champions League campaign next season and will use the funds from Rodrigo’s sale to meet the Spain international’s 40-million-euro buy-out clause at Riazor.
Valencia coach Marcelino hinted at changes during his pre-match press conference on Tuesday. “We have some very, very important players in the squad but I cannot say that any of them are non-transferable. The market is what it is.”
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski hoping to break NFL record
- NFL Who plays Monday Night football tonight, Week 13? Games, times, TV
- SOCCER Kylian Mbappé disappointed Real Madrid move falls through
- SOCCER Zlatan Ibrahimovic wants to 'stay at Milan for life'
- REAL MADRID Benzema out for Inter clash but has one eye on Madrid derby