Iago Aspas facing two to three weeks on the sidelines
The Celta forward has suffered a tear to his right hamstring but hopes to be back for the Galician derby against Deportivo on 5 May.
Iago Aspas gave a recital in last night's 2-2 draw with Barcelona but there was an unhappy ending to the evening. The forward was uinjured battling for a loose ball in the centre of the park with afull-time almost up. Tests conducted late on Wednesday evening detected a Grade I tear to the Aspas' right hamstring - an injury which will keep him out of action for the next two to three weeks.
Aspas hoping to return for the derby
Celta will be without their top scorer for the weekend meeting with Valencia in Balaídos and also the following week's trip to Villarreal. With any luck, Aspas will be back in time for the Galician derby against Deportivo at Balaídos on 5 May.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS What is Walmart's buy now, pay later program? Why is the layaway program discarded?
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano eruption today: evacuation, possible tsunami and live updates
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check live updates: Child Tax Credit extension to 2025, new payment in California, unemployment benefits...
- NFL | JAGUARS Jags QB Lawrence vows not to 'play timid' after throwing seven interceptions
- NFL | BUCS Brady demands Bucs learn from Rams defeat
- Rodgers convinced last-gasp turnaround gives Packers 'legitimacy' as Super Bowl contenders