Boateng sends Málaga down with stoppage-time winner
Heartbreak for Málaga who fought for their lives at the Ciutat de València but became the first side to be relegated in the 2017/18 campaign.
For all its magic and appeal, football can be a cruel old game. Levante sentenced Málaga to a season in the Second Division after Emmanuel Boateng snatched a winner right at the death in tonight's game at the Ciutat de València. The clock had hit 93 minutes and José González's players must have believed they had staved off the drop for at least another week when Boateng delivered the killer blow.
For the previous hour and a half, Málaga had put in a good game, pressing the hosts with a very direct approach but rarely troubled Oier in the local goal. Levante weathered the pressure and went in at half-time with the sensation that maybe they needed to up their game a notch for the second half. That is precisely what they did and got their reward when Boateng broke the deadlock in injury-time. That goal practically assures Levante another season in the top flight - before tonight's meeting they were four points above the drop zone in 17th on 31 points with Málaga rock bottom on 17 points.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7