Hoffenheim boss Nagelsmann dismisses Arsenal and Chelsea links
Could Julian Nagelsmann be on the move to the Premier League? The 30-year-old Hoffenheim head coach says no.
Hoffenheim head coach Julian Nagelsmann played down reports linking him with Premier League giants Arsenal and Chelsea. German sensation Nagelsmann, 30, has emerged as a possible replacement for Arsène Wenger, who will leave Arsenal at the end of the season. The Chelsea job could also be available amid uncertainty over Antonio Conte's future in London.
Nagelsmann passes off "rumours"
However, Nagelsmann, who was reportedly in the frame to succeed Jupp Heynckes before Bundesliga champions Bayern Munich appointed Niko Kovac, has dismissed the rumours. When asked if there was truth behind the speculation, Nagelsmann told Sky Germany, "I don't think so, no. These are just rumours."
Nagelsmann, who was only 28 years of age when he was fast-tracked from Hoffenheim's successful youth team to the club's senior role following the sudden resignation of Huub Stevens due to health reasons in February 2016, added: "I'm not annoyed by the discussions. I focus on myself and my team and want to make a good game here today, the focus is on nothing else."
Hoffenheim eyeing Europe
After finishing fourth last season and qualifying for the Champions League, Nagelsmann's Hoffenheim are back in the European places. Saturday's 5-2 drubbing of RB Leipzig left Hoffenheim fifth in the standings and only two points adrift of second-placed Bayer Leverkusen after 31 matches.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Is a government shutdown going to happen at the end of the month?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Football heading for 30-minute halves and stopped clock
- NFL Houston's Mills will be fourth rookie QB to start this year
- NFL Tom Brady admits he wants to be paid in Bitcoin
- SOCCER UEFA criticises FIFA for lack of consultation on World Cup proposals
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash