Simeone to opt for Griezmann and Gameiro in London
Diego Simeone put his side through their paces at Majadahonda on Tuesday ahead of the Europa League semi-final against Arsenal on Thursday.
Atlético Madrid coach Diego Simeone has already settled on a starting XI for the Europa League semi-final against Arsenal on Thursday.
Griezmann and Gameiro in attack
Atlético trained with the following team at Majadahonda on Tuesday morning: Oblak; Vrsaljko, Giménez, Godín, Lucas; Correa, Thomas, Saúl, Koke; Griezmann, Gameiro.
That means José María Giménez will come in to the team at centre-half in the place of Stefan Savic. Giménez was unavailable for the LaLiga match against Alavés due to suspension.
Gabi and Vitolo will hope to make an impact from the bench with Thomas and Saúl occupying the centre of midfield and Correa and Koke on the wings.
Filipe Luis, Juanfran, and Diego Costa trained seperately from the main group. Costa has been included in the Atlético squad but it appears unlikely that he will be fit to feature from the start.
Te recomendamos en English
- El Clásico Who is José María Sánchez Martínez, the referee for El Clásico 2021 Barcelona - Real Madrid?
- LALIGA Barcelona vs Real Madrid: injured and sanctioned players for El Clásico 2021
- Serie A Allegri dubs Inter title favourites ahead of Derby d'Italia
- NBA Nash cheers Nets first win: "It'll take a while, it won't be pretty"
- MLB Astros never doubted they would beat Red Sox admits Baker
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers