Zidane: "Marco Asensio made the difference"
Zinedine Zidane praised Asensio's impact off the bench after he put Real Madrid ahead at the half-way stage in this Champions League semi-final tie.
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane spoke after goals from Marcelo and Marco Asensio secured a 1-2 win for his side in Munich, after Joshua Kimmich had opened the scoring for the home side.
A tough match: "We've had to suffer a lot, both at the start of the match and at the end, but we've got an important result, really good. You can't play in the Champions League without suffering. It's a shame that we lost Isco and Dani [Carvajal], but Marco Asensio came on and made the difference."
Isco: "He had problems with his shoulder from the start. He wasn't comfortable and I had to take him off. I hope it's minor. Dani Carvajal also hurt himself, but he told me it's not too bad."
Impressive performance by Asensio: "But that's nothing new. He made the difference out there. He brings real speed and cutting edge, and had an excellent impact on the game when he came on. I'm very happy with him, as are his team-mates."
Lucas Vázquez: "He put in a terrific display - he put a real shift in. He ended up at right-back, and between them, he and [Luka] Modric kept control of [Franck] Ribéry, who had a great game."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Packers and Bears clash as Cardinals aim for six wins in a row
- NFL Eagles trade veteran TE Zach Ertz to unbeaten Cardinals
- LALIGA Ambitious Pedri wants to 'win everything every year' with Barça
- SOCCER European nations set to block FIFA World Cup plans regardless of vote
- NFL Which NBA teams have the highest salary cap in the 21-22 season?
- NBA | NETS Durant on Kyrie Irving situation: "What is being mad going to do?"