Barcelona: Iniesta to announce departure to China on Friday
Andrés Iniesta will formally announce on Friday that he will leave Barça for a Chinese Super League club, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Andrés Iniesta effectively announced that his career at Barcelona has come to an end during the Copa del Rey final victory against Sevilla. With the end imminent, the 33-year-old welled up in the dugout after being substituted in the second half.
Iniesta to move to Chongqing Dangdai Lifan
According to Mundo Deportivo, Iniesta will announce on Friday that he will leave Barcelona at the end of the season. On Thursday, he will tell his team-mates at the club he joined at the age of 12.
The same newspaper also reported that Barcelona are planning an emotional send-off for Iniesta before the final league match of season, against Real Sociedad.
Barring a surprise, Iniesta will move to Chongqing Dangdai Lifan on a three-year contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes