Madrid's Isco practically ruled out for Bayern second leg
Real Madrid's Málaga magician suffered a shoulder strain during Wednesday evening's Champions League win in Munich, and reports state he'll almost certainly miss the return.
With reports suggesting that first choice right-back Dani Carvajal will be out for the Champions League semi-final second leg against Bayern Munich, Zinedine Zidane has received further bad news.
Isco unlikely for Bayern at Bernabéu
Playmaker Isco, who was taken off in the Allianz Arena on Wednesday after injuring his shoulder, has been practically ruled out for the encounter at the Santiago Bernabéu next Tuesday. This is according to reports on Thursday from EFE sources at the Madrid club.
Isco damaged his left shoulder after a challenge from Boateng in the first minute of the game. Zidane then substituted him at the break with Marco Asensio. We await confirmation following the x-ray and tests to see if and how the joint itself has been damaged.
Champions League final target
On Friday the player will go through tests but everything indicates that he'll miss the second leg. Zidane will not want to take any risks in a game where they have an advantage, and would prefer to have him fully fit to play in a potential third consecutive Champions League final, on May 26 in Kiev, against either Liverpool or AS Roma.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT | HALLOWEEN MOVIES How to watch all Michael Myer's Halloween movies in order and where to find them
- NFL Who's left for Rodgers after Adams, Lazard out due to COVID
- SOCCER | LALIGA Ancelotti hits out Barca fans who showed Koeman 'a lack of respect'
- MLB Braves and Astros finalize roster ahead of World Series Game 1
- CORONAVIRUS | COVID-19 VACCINES Pfizer vaccine recommended for children 5 - 11; when could young children get vaccinated?
- Best haunted houses in Texas, Illinois, Michigan: corn mazes, asylums, and car washes