Copa Libertadores Review: River Plate, Racing into last 16
Lucas Pratto led River Plate past Santa Fe and into the last 16 of the Copa Libertadores.
River Plate and Racing Club sealed their spots in the Copa Libertadores knockout stage with hard-fought wins Thursday.
A first-half goal from Lucas Pratto was enough for River to overcome Santa Fe 1-0 in Group 4 in Bogota.
Pratto finished clinically in a one-on-one with Robinson Zapata in the 24th minute to give River their win.
Top of the group and undefeated, River's win secured their spot in the knockout stage.
¡GANÓ RIVER Y ESTÁ EN OCTAVOS DE FINAL!— River Plate (@CARPoficial) May 4, 2018
Con gol de Pratto, el Millonario venció 1-0 a Santa Fe y, una fecha antes del cierre de la fase de grupos, aseguró su clasificación a la próxima etapa de la Copa Libertadores.#VamosRiver pic.twitter.com/xzAyMlp2jU
Racing Club are also into the last 16 after edging past Universidad de Chile 1-0 in Group 5.
Alejandro Donatti broke the deadlock in the 81st minute, firing in a 25-yard effort off the post, before Universidad had Lorenzo Reyes sent off.
Racing are three points clear atop the group, having won three of their five matches.
Palmeiras will finish top of Group 8 and recorded a 3-1 win over Alianza Lima, while Libertad are through from Group 3 after beating The Strongest 3-1.
Recommended in English
- NBA Juancho recalls tough times at Boston: "There was no room for me"
- NFL PFWA selects three Chiefs for All-Rookie Team Honors
- Soccer Real Madrid's Rodrygo wants World Cup glory with Brazil
- AFCON Mané taken to hospital after head injury blow at AFCON
- NFL Lakers 106 vs. 96 Nets summary: stats, scores, and highlights | NBA
- MLB Big Papi only player elected to Hall of Fame