Villarreal initiate talks to bring Gerard Moreno back to the club
According to Catalunya Ràdio, Villarreal continue to long for their former player but he has refused them in the past and has a decision to make this summer.
Gerard Moreno and Espanyol are arriving at a crossroads. It is looking increasingly likely that the two parties will diverge as the striker has been linked with several clubs when the season ends. Diario AS reported on Thursday that Villarreal, who own half of the player's rights, have set the chains in motion to bring the player back to his former club.
The 25-year-old is from Barcelona but played for Villarreal during his formative years. He moved in and out of their first team for four years before moving to Mallorca and on to Espanyol.
Villarreal have tried to bring the player back in recent years but Moreno has often rejected the chance. He will cost €20 million before June 30th, which is half of his buyout clause, but that price rises to €25 million. The Yellow Submarine are looking for a striker and have highlighted Moreno, who has 15 goals for Espanyol this year. At the moment, however, they are still in the earliest stages of negotiations. Moreno has a contract with Espanyol until 2022.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement