Villarreal give Barcelona 'belated' guard of honour
Javi Calleja's men lined up to pay tribute to Barça's LaLiga title triumph before the sides' rearranged league clash at the Camp Nou.
Villarreal's players gave newly-crowned LaLiga champions Barcelona a guard of honour before Wednesday's league clash at the Camp Nou.
Real Madrid had refused rivals a guard of honour
Barça were confirmed as title winners after beating Deportivo La Coruña 10 days ago, but Real Madrid opted against paying tribute to their arch rivals' triumph before Sunday's Clásico.
This led the Blaugrana to organise their own pasillo after the fiery 2-2 draw.
However, Villarreal boss Javi Calleja had confirmed pre-match that the Submarino Amarillo would be marking Barcelona's 25th title win.
Not Villarreal's first guard of honour for Barcelona
This is not the first time the Castellón outfit have offered Barça a guard of honour, having done so after the Catalans returned victorious from the 2015 Club World Cup.
Dembélé at the double as Barcelona thrash Villarreal
After goals by Philippe Coutinho, Paulinho and Lionel Messi, Ousmane Dembélé grabbed a late brace as the sides' rearranged week 34 fixture saw Barça earn a thumping 5-1 win to remain on course to complete an unbeaten league season.
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Woodley gets ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo, wants rematch
- US NEWS What is the meaning of racketeering? How long is a racketeering charge sentence?
- Porter agrees to max extension with Nuggets
- SOCIAL SECURITY BENEFITS What qualifies a child for social security benefits?
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- MLB Yankees move ahead as the AL Wild Card chase enters final furlong