Fresh blood: no Cristiano, Keylor, Bale or others for Sevilla trip
Lots of first team stars were left out of Zidane's matchday squad for the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán with eyes already focused on Liverpool in Kiev.
Real Madrid manager Zinedine Zidane has announced his squad for the midweek Liga match against Sevilla in the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán. Missing for Los Blancos will be Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale and Luka Modric among other first team names.
Plan B and C for Zidane
Zinedine Zidane has left the Portugal star out of his plans after he picked up an ankle injury in the 2-2 draw with Barcelona last Sunday. It is still hoped Cristiano will be fit for the Champions League final, though, with Zidane having backed the 33-year-old to recover fully.
Keylor Navas, Marcelo, Raphael Varane, Luka Modric and Toni Kroos have also all been rested for the trip to the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. Injured duo Isco and Dani Carvajal have not been risked, while Gareth Bale, who scored the equaliser in the Clasico draw, is suspended.
Madrid play three more league games before taking on Liverpool in the Champions League final in Kiev on May 26.
A win on Wednesday will move them level on points with second-place Atletico Madrid, with matches against Celta Vigo and Villarreal to come.
You can follow the game live with AS English.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series