Leganés keen to bring in Real Madrid's Guti as new coach
The Madrid-based outfit have already contacted Guti, who plans to move on from his current position as coach of Real Madrid's Under-19s.
With Asier Garitano due to leave the Leganés coaching job at the end of the season and have started the search for a replacement. At the moment, the best-placed candidate in the list is former Real Madrid player, José María 'Guti'. The 41-year-old's CV makes impressive reading although it would be a step up for him to coach in the top flight. Guti started coaching career in 2013 at Real Madrid's youth academy and after working his way up through the categories, guided the Under-19s to a league and Cup treble last year. Leganés are confident that Guti is the perfect man for the job and have already made contact with the coach, who is apparently delighted with the proposal.
Guti earmarked for the Castilla job
In the back offices at Real Madrid, club officials had Guti down as the next coach of Real Madrid Castilla, but the coach confessed last month that he has his heart set on bigger challenges - including his dream of eventually taking the Real Madrid first team job, but first, he has to earn his spurs elsewhere. Leganés could be the first stepping stone for him. Lega have a squad which would allow Guti to develop the attacking style of football he enjoys and would also be the ideal club for him to showcase his skills as an up and coming coach in his own right.
Te recomendamos en English
- Space Missions Where did the SpaceX capsule splashdown?
- NFL Colts vs Rams: Eric Fisher possible starter, coming back after Achilles surgery
- Not this one Jimmy Greaves 1940-2021: English football's greatest ever goalscorer
- Soccer Crisis at Manchester United: Solskjaer rejects Ferdinand's Ronaldo
- PREMIER LEAGUE West Ham vs Manchester United live online: scores, stats and updates, Premier League 2020/21
- NBA NBA star Giannis Antetokounmpo visits Greece with mother and brother