Buffon bows out to tears at Juventus
Gianluigi Buffon received an emotional standing ovation as he was substituted off in the second half of Juventus' game with Verona.
Gianluigi Buffon called time on his 17-year Juventus career after he was substituted off mid-way through the second half of the Serie A champions' clash with Verona.
Buffon given guard of honour
The 40-year-old, who joined Juve from Parma in 2001, announced on Thursday that he would be bringing his playing stint at the Bianconeri to an end, having amassed 19 domestic trophies during his time in Turin.
Having pulled off a fine save to deny Mohamed Fares early on in Saturday's clash, Buffon made way for Carlo Pinsoglio in the 63rd minute.
Hugging each of his Juve team-mates and several Verona opponents in an emotional farewell, Juve's captain received a guard of honour as he reached the touchline, breaking down in tears as he bid the crowd farewell for a final time.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Can Child Tax Credit payments affect my tax return in 2022?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Who is Laurel Hubbard? Meet the transgender athlete breaking barriers at the Tokyo Olympics
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: JuVaughn Harrison, Jennifer Gadirova | medal count, results, today 1 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SWIMMING What are Katie Ledecky's stats: records, Olympic medals, titles
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK California Golden State stimulus check: when is the new payment coming?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 1 August