Neymar made mistake joining PSG - Rivaldo
Brazil legend Rivaldo says Neymar needs to leave Paris Saint-Germain if he wants to win the Ballon d'Or.
Neymar made a mistake joining Paris Saint-Germain, according to former Barcelona and Brazil star Rivaldo.
Brazilian legend Rivaldo on Neymar
The 26-year-old left Barca for PSG in a world-record move last year and has excelled in Ligue 1, but compatriot Rivaldo feels he will not be able to reach his full potential in France.
He told Sport: "If you want to be the best in the world, PSG are strong, but they don't have tradition in the Champions League, they're not the strongest in Europe.
"The French league isn't like the English, Spanish or German leagues, either.
Obrigado Deus... muito feliz de ter mais uma oportunidade de representar a minha nação!— Neymar Jr (@neymarjr) May 14, 2018
Partiu, Rússia !!!! 🇧🇷 pic.twitter.com/YNCStoMW7N
"For that reason, I think he made a mistake, but financially it was good for him and his family.
"You have to win the Champions League, achieve something different, to win the Ballon d'Or. His team will always win the league and the cup but, like I say, it's not the strongest championship."
Neymar is nearing a return from a fractured foot suffered with PSG as he looks to lead Brazil in this year's World Cup and improve on a fourth-placed finish four years ago.
Recommended in English
- COVID-19 Covid Omicron variant live updates: symptoms, vaccines, travel ban, South African cases...
- COVID-19 Where has the new covid-19 Omicron variant been detected? What are the symptoms?
- BOXING How much money are Teofimo Lopez and George Kambosos making? How much does the winner get?
- Social Security When does COLA 2022 take effect in Social Security Benefits? How to calculate your amount
- NFL Buffalo Bills CB White out for rest of season with ACL tear
- SUPREME COURT ABORTION CASES What are the abortion laws in America? In what states is it illegal to have an abortion?