PSG slap €80m price tag on Valencia target Gonçalo Guedes
According L'Équipe, the Ligue 1 club are hoping a good World Cup will raise the Portugal winger's value, although a deal for around €50m is possible.
PSG are confident of banking a sizeable fee for Gonçalo Guedes, who has enjoyed a stellar season on loan at Valencia.
The Ligue 1 giants beat the Liga side to the 21-year-old’s signature last summer but Los Che then managed to hammer out a loan deal for the Portugal international and he has shone under Marcelino this season, chipping in five goals and 11 assists as Valencia qualified for the Champions League.
Guedes a key element of PSG's FFP planning
Naturally, Valencia are eager to secure a permanent deal for Guedes this summer, but PSG need to sell this summer to stave off a looming set of Uefa sanctions due to Financial Fair Play regulations.
The Ligue 1 side are banking on the Portugal star having a breakthrough tournament in Russia to add a few million to his value and are planning on asking for a fee of 80 million euros for the winger, who cost just 30 million when PSG bought him from Benfica 12 months ago.
However, the good relationship between the clubs and PSG’s obligation to balance the books has Valencia confident that a deal could be agreed for a fee in the region of 50 million, although they will make an opening offer of 40 million to test the water.
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA Philadelphia 76ers Morey says there is 'hope' for reconciliation with Ben Simmons
- US NEWS Will national parks close if there is a government shutdown?
- US NEWS How long do government shutdowns last?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Basketball's subtle influence on the world of football
- GREEN BAY PACKERS Aaron Rodgers: "How could you not be romantic about football?"
- NFL Jalen Hurts shoulders blame after Eagles defeat to Cowboys