Ancelotti looking to end Ceballos' Real Madrid purgatory
The Italian coach is considering a move for the little-used Bernabéu midfielder as he prepares to restructure his Napoli squad for next season.
Dani Ceballos has emerged as a target for incoming Napoli coach Carlo Ancelotti, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
The former Real Madrid manager and Napoli sporting director Cristiano Giuntoli are starting their planning for the 2018-19 season and in view of the World Cup and the fact that many players will opt to shelve any potential transfer talk until after the tournament in Russia, Ancelotti is hoping to tie up a couple of deals for non-international players as soon as the season ends.
Top of that particular list for Ancelotti is Real midfielder Ceballos, who has found playing time extremely hard to come by at the Bernabéu this season following his 17-million-euro move from Real Betis last summer. The 21-year-old has played just 899 minutes in all competitions in 2017-18, with 411 of those in the Copa del Rey.
Ancelotti also considering move for Betis midfielder Fabián
Ancelotti is keen to have his squad more or less finalized by July 10, when Napoli’s pre-season preparations will get underway, with room for perhaps one or two players involved in the World Cup to arrive later.
The Italian is also eyeing a move for Betis midfielder Fabián Ruiz, who has been a key component of Quique Setién’s side this season. Betis ate also keen on bringing Ceballos back to the Villamarín, which could pave the way for Fabián to move to the San Paolo.
Te recomendamos en English
- GOLF US dominates Europe to reclaim Ryder Cup
- CORONAVIRUS | VACCINES What is a religious exemption for the Covid-19 vaccine? Are any religions against the vaccine?
- US NEWS Would the government shutdown impact SNAP benefits?
- NFL What were the Bucs-Rams ratings | NFL Week 3
- SOCCER Arteta urges Arsenal consistency after derby win over Tottenham
- NBA NBA: Kyrie Irving, the covid-19 vaccine and the "plan of Satan"