Bale: "I have to talk to my agent: I need to play every week"
The hero of Real Madrid's Champions League triumph in Kiev gave no assurances about his future after coming off the bench and scoring twice.
Cristiano Ronaldo ensured he will occupy the front pages on Sunday morning after casting doubt on his future at Real Madrid after Zinedine Zidane’s side lifted their third consecutive Champions League trophy with a 3-1 win over Liverpool in Kiev but Gareth Bale, the hero on the night, also gave no assurances about his own continuance at the Bernabéu next season after the final whistle.
Speaking to reporters after the game, Bale hinted that he may seek pastures new in the summer after failing to hold down a regular starting place in Zidane’s team this season, particularly in Europe.
Bale: "I was disappointed not to start, I felt that I deserved to"
“Obviously, I was very disappointed not to start the game, I felt that I deserved to, but it’s the manager who makes the decisions. Obviously I need to play every week, something that hasn’t been the case this season. I was injured for five weeks and I haven’t been playing regularly. I’ll have to sit down with my agent and talk about it,” the Welshman said.
Recommended in English
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: times, stream, how to watch it online and what to expect
- THE GAME AWARDS The Game Awards 2021: list of nominees and the 6 GOTY contenders
- NFL LA Rams' WR Mike Williams latest to be put on covid-19 list
- EUROPA LEAGUE Have Barcelona ever played and won in the Europa League?
- GOLF When will Tiger Woods return to the PGA Tour?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Watch out for Wilson against Houston