Salah to travel to Spain for rehabilitation
Mohamed Salah's bid to be fit for Egypt for the World Cup will take him to Spain this week.
Mohamed Salah will travel to Spain for treatment on his injured shoulder on Tuesday, according to the Egyptian Football Association.
The Liverpool star went off in tears after half an hour of his side's 3-1 Champions League final defeat to Real Madrid, having hurt his shoulder when falling awkwardly under a challenge from Sergio Ramos on Saturday.
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said the problem looked "really serious" and, although he was eager to wait for tests, he admitted Salah's prospects of going to Russia were in jeopardy.
Egypt FA confident Salah will travel to Russia
The Egyptian FA have since moved to calm fears he will miss the World Cup, claiming tests have shown the injury is not as bad as first suspected.
And on Monday they said in a statement that the 25-year-old will be accompanied by Liverpool's medical staff to Spain to start an intensive period of rehabilitation.
Egypt's World Cup campaign kicks off against Uruguay on June 15.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan