Bayern Munich's Alaba speaks of presumed interest from Real Madrid
The 25-year-old Austrian defender, David Alba, spoke to reporters ahead of his country's friendly match against Russia, saying he "still has things to do" at Bayern Munich.
Bayern Munich defender David Alba has said that "at the moment, nothing is concrete" about the supposed interest from Real Madrid in signing him. The 25-year-old, who is contracted at Bayern Munich until 2021, was speaking today to the press during a training session for the Australian national team in city of Schwaz, ahead of their friendly match against Russia on Wednesday.
"I know that in football, everything can happen quickly," he said. "But, for the moment, I am focused on the national team, and after, on the preseason with Bayern Munich. I am happy in Munich and I still have things to do there."
Alaba to draw strength from Bayern's defeat to Real Madrid 'to get on top again'
Alaba, who will still be hurting from Bayern's elimination in the Champions League semifinal at the hands of Real Madrid, said that he was going to draw strength from what had happened to "try to get on top again". He acknowledged that Bayern had had a year of mixed fortunes and that they hadn't achieved all of the "season's objectives".
The Bavarian club won their sixth consecutive German title, but suffered a surprise 3-1 defeat to Eintracht Frankfurt in the German Cup Final, and were denied a place in the Champions League final by Real Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy