South Korea beat Honduras 2-0 in World Cup 2018 Warm-up
Tottenham forward Son Heung-min gave South Korea the lead with a stunning 25-yard strike.
South Korea claimed a 2-0 win over Honduras in a warm-up friendly at the Daegu Stadium on Monday ahead of the 2018 Fifa World Cup.
After a goalless first half, Tottenham Hotspur forward Son Heung-min scored 25-yard screamer to ensure his side the lead just before the hour mark.
Debutant Moon Seon-min added the second in the 72nd minute, achieving a memorable first cap for his country.
Optimism for South Korea
The outstanding performance of the South Korean side will give coach Shin Tae-yong reason for positiveness after a number of injury drawbacks
Earlier this month, defender Kim Min-jae, midfielders Yeom Ki-hun and Kwon Chang-hoon, as well as striker Lee Keun-ho, were all ruled out of the World Cup.
South Korea will host Bosnia-Herzegovina on Friday before departing for two more friendlies against Bolivia and Senegal in Austria on June 7 and 11.
For the World Cup, the East Asians have been drawn with Mexico, Germany and Sweden in Group F, starting against Sweden on 18 June.
This will be South Korea’s ninth appearance at a World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid possible starting line-ups
- SOCCER Barcelona's Piqué talks to El País about retirement, Messi, Clásico
- PREMIER LEAGUE Cristiano Ronaldo vows to silence critics and win trophies at Manchester United
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves commentary, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano, live updates today: eruption, tsunami warning and latest news | Canary Islands