South Korea beat Honduras 2-0 in World Cup 2018 Warm-up
Tottenham forward Son Heung-min gave South Korea the lead with a stunning 25-yard strike.
South Korea claimed a 2-0 win over Honduras in a warm-up friendly at the Daegu Stadium on Monday ahead of the 2018 Fifa World Cup.
After a goalless first half, Tottenham Hotspur forward Son Heung-min scored 25-yard screamer to ensure his side the lead just before the hour mark.
Debutant Moon Seon-min added the second in the 72nd minute, achieving a memorable first cap for his country.
Optimism for South Korea
The outstanding performance of the South Korean side will give coach Shin Tae-yong reason for positiveness after a number of injury drawbacks
Earlier this month, defender Kim Min-jae, midfielders Yeom Ki-hun and Kwon Chang-hoon, as well as striker Lee Keun-ho, were all ruled out of the World Cup.
South Korea will host Bosnia-Herzegovina on Friday before departing for two more friendlies against Bolivia and Senegal in Austria on June 7 and 11.
For the World Cup, the East Asians have been drawn with Mexico, Germany and Sweden in Group F, starting against Sweden on 18 June.
This will be South Korea’s ninth appearance at a World Cup.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan