Real Madrid remove Pochettino from list of potential managers
According to Paco González, the Spanish club have made the decision not to pursue the Spurs coach due to difficulties with Daniel Levy. Klöpp and Allegri take focus.
Real Madrid have removed their apparent number one target to replace Zinedine Zidane as manager from the list of potential candidates. Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino will no longer be pursued by the European champions according to Paco González speaking on Spanish programme Tiempo de Juego (COPE) on Saturday.
Levy the key to no Pochettino
The reason given for Los Blancos discarding the highly rated Argentine coach is due to the difficulties involved in negotiating with Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy, something they have already witnessed first hand with the signings of both Gareth Bale and before him Luka Modric.
With target number one apparently gone, the two names being sounded out more strongly through the Bernabéu offices are those of Jürgen Klopp (Liverpool) and Massimiliano Allegri (Juventus). The German, the preferred coach for Madrid fans based on our recent poll, has no release clause in his contract according to Gonzalez.
Recommended in English
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Lewandowski and Ronaldo eye history – Champions League in Opta numbers
- REAL MADRID Marcelo set to leave Real Madrid for Brazil
- NBA Blazers' Damian Lillard wants $107 million two year extension
- NBA Blazers guard CJ McCollum out indefinitely for collapsed lung
- NBA Anthony Davis lauds in-form Lakers star Russell Westbrook
- NBA Mavs’ Luka Doncic admits having conditioning issues