Real Madrid remove Pochettino from list of potential managers
According to Paco González, the Spanish club have made the decision not to pursue the Spurs coach due to difficulties with Daniel Levy. Klöpp and Allegri take focus.
Real Madrid have removed their apparent number one target to replace Zinedine Zidane as manager from the list of potential candidates. Tottenham Hotspur manager Mauricio Pochettino will no longer be pursued by the European champions according to Paco González speaking on Spanish programme Tiempo de Juego (COPE) on Saturday.
Levy the key to no Pochettino
The reason given for Los Blancos discarding the highly rated Argentine coach is due to the difficulties involved in negotiating with Spurs' chairman Daniel Levy, something they have already witnessed first hand with the signings of both Gareth Bale and before him Luka Modric.
With target number one apparently gone, the two names being sounded out more strongly through the Bernabéu offices are those of Jürgen Klopp (Liverpool) and Massimiliano Allegri (Juventus). The German, the preferred coach for Madrid fans based on our recent poll, has no release clause in his contract according to Gonzalez.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL NFL's Jeff Pash and WFT's Bruce Allen implicated in email investigation
- FIFA 22 FIFA 22 Road to the Knockouts: player cards and how to upgrade them
- MEDICARE What if I miss the Medicare deadline?
- NFL Do NFL teams have their own planes? How do they travel to away games?
- NFL Why do NFL players paint under their eyes?
- QATAR 2022 When does the 2022 FIFA World Cup start? Opening game and final dates