Lineker on Ramos: "A great player... but a prized twerp"
Ex-England and Barcelona striker Gary Lineker took to Twitter to voice his opinion on the Real Madrid captain.
The furore surrounding Sergio Ramos continues in the wake of his foul on Liverpool’s Mohamad Salah in the Champions League final that left the Egyptian striker with a dislocated shoulder and ruled him out of the rest of the game.
Many have come out to publically condemn Ramos for his actions in the final, but the Madrid captian has defended himself against accusations from those claiming he deliberately tried to injury Salah. “In the end, it wasn’t so bad. He could have played if he got an injection for the second half,” said Ramos on Salah’s injury.
The latest public figure to take a swipe is former England striker Gary Lineker. The ex-Barcelona player and BBC broadcaster took to Twitter to say, “Ramos is a great player and any team in the World would want him, but he’s also a prize twerp.”
Ramos is a great player and any team in the World would want him, but he’s also a prize twerp. https://t.co/zyf2i9NL09— Gary Lineker (@GaryLineker) 5 de junio de 2018
Recommended in English
- GLOBAL NEWS How much money has baby shark made?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Francisco Gento, ‘The Gale of the Cantabrian Sea’
- NFL Seahawks fire defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr.
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team