Firmino: Sergio Ramos comments "an idiotic thing of him to say"
Firmino has responded to Sergio Ramos over his remarks about Mohamed Salah and Loris Karius' Champions League final injuries.
Roberto Firmino has hit back at Sergio Ramos over the Real Madrid man's "idiotic" remarks about the Champions League final injuries to Liverpool team-mates Mohamed Salah and Loris Karius.
Salah was forced off with a shoulder issue in Kiev after a challenge with Ramos, while it has emerged that keeper Karius - whose errors led to two Real goals in Los Blancos' 3-1 win - may have suffered concussion in a collision with the defender.
Ramos defends himself against criticism
But on Tuesday an unrepentant Ramos defended himself against the criticism he has received over his role in the injuries, saying: "Bloody hell, they've given this a lot of attention, the Salah thing... I didn't want to speak because everything is magnified.
"I see the play well, he grabs my arm first and I fell to the other side, the injury happened to the other arm and they said that I gave him a judo hold. After, the goalkeeper said that I dazed him.
"I am only missing Firmino saying that he got a cold because a drop of my sweat landed on him..."
"It's an idiotic thing of him to say"
Speaking on international duty with Brazil on Wednesday, Firmino replied: "I prefer not to talk about it. It's OK, [Ramos] is a champion. But I think it's an idiotic thing of him to say."
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...