Barcelona confirm Eric Abidal to take over as Technical Secretary
The club issued a statement on Thursday afternoon to announce that they would not be renewing Robert Fernández's contract, which expires on 30 June.
Éric Abidal is set to become Barcelona's new Technical Secretary after the club announced this afternoon that they would not be renewing Robert Fernández's contract which uis due to expire at the end of this month.
Abidal to be presented a week on Monday
Barça thanked Robert for "the commitment and dedication he has shown during his years at the club" and wished him all the besrt for his future ventures. Robert has been in the job during the past three years. Abidal, who returned to the club in an ambassadorial role last year, will be formally unveiled on Monday 18 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 2 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Simone Biles returns for gymnastic's balance beam finals: times, TV, and how to watch 2021 Olympics
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER The USWNT will play against Australia for bronze
- OLYMPIC GAMES Which Olympic boxer has won the most medals?
- OLYMPIC GAMES Megan Rapinoe could retire from USWNT after Olympic campaign