Official: Eusebio Sacristán is the new Girona manager
The 54-year-old former Barcelona star returns to Catalonia to take over from recently departed Pablo Machín, signing with the Liga club for two seasons.
Girona have named Eusebio Sacristan as their new head coach.
Eusebio for Project Girona
The former Barcelona midfielder has signed a two-year deal with the Catalan club, who saw Pablo Machin leave to take at Sevilla last month.
Girona, who finished 10th last season in their first campaign in LaLiga, will present Eusebio as their new boss on Friday.
OFICIAL I Eusebio Sacristán dirigirá al Girona— Girona FC (@GironaFC) 7 June 2018
✅ El club confía el banquillo del primer equipo al entrenador de Valladolid, que firma contrato por dos temporadas.
¡Bienvenido mister! 👍
👉 + info https://t.co/N42KJydeql#BenvingutEusebio #GironaFC #OrgullGironí pic.twitter.com/RX1yiiFUjr
The 54-year-old was sacked by Real Sociedad in March after they failed to sustain a challenge for the European places.
He was previously in charge of Barcelona B and Celta Vigo.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL 49ers LB Dre Greenlaw out for 4-6 weeks due to groin injury
- National Football League second week breakdown
- BAYERN MUNICH "Magician", "the next Neymar": new Bayern starlet draws lofty praise
- PREMIER LEAGUE Despite posting losses Woodward confident that Man Utd are 'on right track'
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League: match-day 5, bullet point preview
- NBA Real Madrid's Demin, Duru among youngsters tipped for NBA