Reus can win the World Cup's Golden Ball, says Cacau
Having missed out with injury four years ago, Cacau expects Germany's Marco Reus to be a big hit at the World Cup.
Marco Reus has been backed to win the Golden Ball at his first World Cup by former Germany international Cacau.
Borussia Dortmund forward Reus missed out on the last finals after suffering an ankle injury in a warm-up match, watching on as his Germany team-mates won the World Cup.
But the 29-year-old is back in the squad and back in form ahead of the tournament in Russia, prompting Cacau to suggest he can make a big impact.
Cacau: 'Reus is the player of the tournament'
"Marco Reus is the player of the tournament, for me," he told T-Online. "He is an absolutely top international player, who can dribble, is extremely fast and very strong in the final third.
"I am pleased that Reus is finally able to experience his first World Cup and I hope he stays in shape, which would mean a huge improvement in quality for the team."
Reus was selected ahead of Manchester City star Leroy Sane, despite making only 11 Bundesliga appearances this season.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series