Griezmann: "I've made a decision, but today isn't the day to talk..."
Antoine Griezmann decided to keep quiet on his future, but could a post on his Instagram give a clue about his decision?
All eyes were on the French press conference in Russia this Tuesday, in which Antoine Griezmann was expected by all in the footballing media to clarify his future. But after having previously stated that he would announce his decision before France’s opening World Cup game on Saturday, Griezmann decided to keep shtum.
“Today is not the day to talk about my future,” he told reporters at the press conference before he began to answer any questions, only adding that, “Yes I have already made a decision about my future. But I’m not going to speak about it today. It’s not the time or the place.”
Although the majority of reports had indicated that he would announce that he was going to stay at Atlético Madrid, Griezmann stuck to answering questions about the French national team, dodging any questions about whether he would go to Barcelona.
Does his Instagram post offer a clue?
Not long before the press conference, the French striker had uploaded to his Instagram account a video for his sponsors Puma, in which he is wearing the Altético jersey. Fans of ‘Los Rojiblancos’ will no doubt be hoping that this will serve as a clue that he has decided to stay at the Wanda Metropolitano.
It would seem that Atlético are willing to offer the 27-year-old a salary increase to keep him at the club until 2022. However, officially, neither party has spoken about contract terms. The club is also interested in signing A.S. Monaco’s Thomas Lemar, which could help convince Griezmann to stay in Madrid.
Te recomendamos en English
- SOCIAL SECURITY How many people will benefit from the Social Security increase in Texas?
- NFL Watt joins long list of players out for Packers vs Cardinals game
- International Soccer Mexico 2-3 Ecuador summary: score, goals, highlights, exhibition match
- SOCCER Ronald Koeman fired from FC Barcelona: who are the possible coaches that could replace him?
- Jokic won't miss extended time after knee injury vs. Jazz Tuesday
- MLB Braves vs. Astros live online, scores, stats and updates: World Series Game 2