Mexico in trouble with Fifa after fans' homophobic chants
Disciplinary proceedings have been opened against Mexico over alleged chants during their opener with Germany, FIFA has confirmed.
Fifa has opened disciplinary proceedings against the Mexican Football Federation relating to alleged homophobic chants during the World Cup clash with Germany.
Anti-gay chants towards Neuer
It is alleged some Mexico fans chanted slurs at Germany goalkeeper Manuel Neuer as he prepared to take a goal-kick in the first half of the Group F encounter in Moscow. There were also other reports of the word "puto" being shouted when corners and free-kicks were taken by the German players.
A Fifa spokesperson confirmed that disciplinary proceedings have been opened but could not comment further.
Te recomendamos en English
- TENNIS Federer "feels strong" after knee surgery
- UFC McGregor's first pitch at Wrigley nearly a knockout
- US NEWS Autopsy confirms remains found in Grand Teton Park are Gabby Petito's
- Browns place Landry on IR with sprained MCL
- NBA Brooklyn Nets GM Marks on NYC vaccine mandate and high expectations: "We're ready"
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement