Senegal defender Saliou Ciss ruled out of World Cup with an ankle injury
He has been replaced by fellow left back Adama Mbengue.
Senegal defender Saliou Ciss has been ruled out of the World Cup after suffering an ankle injury while training.
‘Saliou Ciss can no longer participate in the World Cup because of a serious injury that occurred during our team's preparation,’ the Senegal Football Federation (FSF) said in a statement on Sunday.
The 29-year-old has been replaced by Adama Mbengue, a left-back defender who plays for French Ligue 1 side Caen.
Senegal coach Aliou Cisse arranged the move on Monday, a day before the Teranga Lions open against Poland on Tuesday.
After their opener against the Europeans, Senegal will play Japan on 24 June and then Colombia four days later.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series