Real Madrid: Two of Eidur Gudjohnsen's sons set to join
Real are close to signing the ex-Barcelona player's son Andri Lucas, and with him younger brother Daniel Tristan, who is currently at Barça.
Real Madrid are thought to be on the verge of beating arch rivals Barcelona to the signing of Espanyol youngster Andri Lucas Gudjohnsen - son of Iceland legend and ex-Blaugrana forward Eidur.
Has chosen Real Madrid over Barcelona, AS understands
AS understands that the 16-year-old striker, who has excelled in Espanyol's youth set-up, has opted to join Real's academy despite interest from his father's former employers.
Real, who will have to pay compensation to Los Pericos to secure the player's services, would be snapping up a prospect who broke the 20-goal mark for Espanyol's Under-16s last season.
His haul included the winner in March's Danone Nations Cup final, in front of Barcelona president Josep Maria Bartomeu.
Born in the Icelandic capital of Reykjavik, Andri Lucas grew up in Barcelona as a result of his father's summer 2006 move from Premier League side Chelsea to the Catalan giants.
Real Madrid may get a second Gudjohnsen son
And his prospective switch to Madrid appears likely to see younger brother Daniel Tristan Gudjohnsen, who is presently coming through the Barcelona youth ranks, also end up at Real.
Daniel Tristan, who turned out for Barça's Under-12s last term, is expected to join Andri Lucas and the pair's mother in the Spanish capital, and potentially go into Los Blancos' Under-13s.
Te recomendamos en English
- LABOR NEWS Will Wisconsin's child labor reform bill become law?
- NFL Tom Brady sets record with 600th touchdown pass
- MLB How many times have the Atlanta Braves and Dallas Astros won the World Series?
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- NFL New York Jets vs New England Patriots summary: score, goals, highlights | NFL today
- NFL Chicago Bears 3 vs 38 Patriots summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 7